2.2
Layout of Store

Update by user Jan 13, 2016

Update - after posting several reviews and even contacting the store directly, still no response.I completely give up on ever shopping here again.

Dunham's or Fleet Farm it is for firearms. I'd rather drive a little further away than be treated like a piece of ***.

Someone supposedly "responded to my concerns" on their Facebook page, but its funny, because when I looked for it...IT WAS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND.

If you really cared, you'd call my phone...after all my phone is on record at your store considering the fact that I've provided it in the formal complaint to your store directly, AND I BOUGHT TWO FIREARMS FROM YOU.

I can't wait until this store either closes or gets re-hauled with new staff. Honestly, I'd rather shop at BadgerGuns than to ever step foot in your store again.

Absolutely pathetic.Between Amazon, Walmart, Dunham's and Academy.com, I don't need to be subjected to your *** customer service ever again.

Original review posted by user Dec 14, 2015

Absolutely horrible experience with a firearms purchase.

Not only did it take over 2 hours (despite pre-paying online and just picking up), I had the most inept, rude, and disrespectful person handling my ATF paperwork. That took over 90 minutes, mainly becuase he had no clue what he was doing (name was Kyle).

Made plenty of firearm purchases before, from many vendors, so I'm very, very familiar with the process. It took less than 20 minutes at Dunham's of West Allis and Brookfield on two separate occasions.

It helps when you actually know what you're doing.

I highly recommend buying a gun elsewhere. They are grossly overpriced in-store (hence purchasing it online) and then furthermore Kyle made about 4-5 passive-aggressive comments about how cheap my gun was. Funny how I had to correct him on the gun's warranty policy (lifetime warranty) and where it was manufactured (made in the USA). Dealing with a real firearms expert here people.

Okay Kyle, if you have such an issue with my firearm, pick out your choice and pay the difference. Otherwise, shut your mouth and pay attention to the paper work (it had to be corrected by his supervisor several times).

ATF paperwork took over 90 minutes (absolutely absurd) and we were in the store for over 45 minutes before we were even acknowledged by the firearms staff.

I'll never make another purchase at Gander Mountain ever again. Horrible customer service, terrible attitudes, awful in-store price that doesn't match their online pricing...overall just an abomination of a store.

Stick to Dunham's, Fleet Farm (great selection and fantastic customer service) or a local gun shop.

This store needs to cleaned house of all their staff and completely reevaluated, it is just absolutely awful.

The kicker was how he complained about how he wanted to get out by a certain time, meanwhile it was my BIRTHDAY yesterday, which i had the pleasure of spending 2+ hours in Gander Mountain surrounded by the Brain Trust that was the firearms staff. Not only missed the Thursday Night NFL Game, but also had to cancel my birthday plans due to this store's complete lack of efficiency and knowledge.

It never even occurred to him that it was my birthday...just shows his lack of attention.

PS - Kyle, if you actually read the ATF website, proof of a car insurance bill is an explicitly stated as an acceptable proof of residency on their website, so you might want to read up on that, or just stop being lazy...either one works. Pretty embarrassing on your part.

username1234 wrote the review because of "not happy at all" at Gander Mountain. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Gander Mountain to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was customer service, store staff, waiting 2 hours for an online pick up and having the most inept employee in the building. The author asks this business to contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her positive experience with the company.

Also, this reviewer considered the following companies: Bass Pro Shops or Cabelas. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Gander Mountain hi-point jhp hc handgun for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Gander Mountain?

Comments

username1234
Waukesha, Wisconsin, United States #1078808

Their firearms department has been horrible for a few years now. Bought a cheaper shotgun there and was treated like a 2nd class citizen. It's understaffed as *** and the staff is complete fcking arrogant as all get out.