2.3
Layout of Store

This is a delay in writing about my experience with Preston and Jeremy at the Round Rock, Texas store in August; however, I feel it needs to be communicated. I went in to exchange a white Guide Series Womens LS Quick Dry Trophy VPN 18W-WV561 code 783515531619 I had purchased in Michigan.

I returned it because after two wearing, I had three small snags in the sleeve and in the front part of the shirt. I looked up on line and other people had the same comments/complaints. Jeremy was new to the store and asked Preston, the new manager, for assistance. After a thorough look at the shirt, Preston agreed to exchange it.

His comment was that this shirt was not made for day bag packing and only for fishing!!! I have never heard of a more ridiculous excuse. This coming from a man who clearly has never fly fished so he wouldn't know we use day packs when we fish!! I had to ask for my receipt and was told Gander Mountain policy is not to give receipts back to their customers upon exchanges or returns!

What?? Then Preston's comment was - why so you can return more items!!!!!!! He then made a copy of the receipt and gave it to me. First, I was in compliance on Gander Mountains return/exchange policy.

I presented the original receipt and was within the time frame. His lack of knowledge of the womens wear and who wears it is obvious.

Then to make a comment like this when I had purchased well over $500 between the Michigan and Texas Stores. Point forward, I will continue to shop only at ORVIS and Bass Pro.

Preferred solution: To inform company of their manager's customer service - or lack there of.

I didn't like: Manager preston needs training in customer service.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Dec 03, 2016.

Comments