Rebate not Honored | Gander Mountain in New Hartford, New York

On 11/3/2014 I placed a Remington Enhances 1911 on layway. The gun was marked $849 under the price was an asterisk followed by "after Gander mail in rebate". 2 Days later I came in and paid for the gun, had it put on my permit and went back to pick it up. I asked what I had to do for the rebate, the clerk said there's no rebate on this gun. I explained what was on the tag when I purchased it. He said He would look to see if there had been a rebate on that gun. A few minutes later He returned and informed me there was no rebate nor had there been on that gun. I thought maybe I made a mistake and left with the weapon. When I got home I went onto the gander web site and lo and behold there had been a rebate that ended on 11/2/2014. The next morning I called the store and spoke to the manager explained everything as I have stated above and in a very polite way was told to stuff it. Tough luck. I have bought 14 handguns from that Gander over the last 4 years and several rifles , never again. It's not the $100 it's that they value my business so little. I hope Bass Pro has a better attitude.

The Store isnt responsible for the rebates, it is the company's issue

if I read right rebate expires 11/2/2014 not 11/2/2013 which is almost 8 months in the future just saying

well lets see.. Rebate expired on 11/2 you bought the gun 11/3.

Last time I checked that is after 11/2 so there for you get no rebate.

your were too late on the deal.. ever hear of you snooze you lose?

View more comments (2)