Owned a handgun in Florida.Following hurricane Mathew decided to transfer it to Minnesota where I live.

Since looting was rampant and was was not going to be there for several months. Took the gun to Gander to avoid the hassle of the airport security. I had no problem shipping it out of Gander for a $40.00n dollar fee. However when I went to pick it up at Gander in Minnesota I was told That I couldn't without a permit to purchase.

I explained that it was not a new purchase but to no avail. So I had to go get a new background check etc to get the permit.

Again they never explained this requirement in advance-- It would have been easier to bring it through the airport.

I'll never shop Gander again.They lost a 40 year customer on this one.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue. The author is overall dissatisfied with Gander Mountain. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

This person also mentioned the following companies Bass Pro Shops or Cabelas that you may also consider. Also, you can continue reading comments about Gander Mountain.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Shopping category for more informed decision or compare Gander Mountain to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Gander Mountain?

Comments