Gander Mountain Algonquin, IL- Won't remove trigger locks

3.9
I live close to the Gander Mountain in Algonquin IL, so I would like to be able to support them with my business; but they make it difficult. I went into the store last week with the intention of purchasing a Winchester SXP Defender shotgun. The first gun I examined had a few chipped places in the finish, so I declined that one. The second one had a better appearance,so I asked the employee to remove the big yellow trigger lock so I could properly evaluate the length of pull, trigger pull and pump action release. He said he could not do so without permissions from the store manager. When we approached her, she indicated that she "preferred that guns not be dry fired". As the trigger and action are the most critical parts of the gun, I am not about to purchase a gun without dry firing it. The store also has a "all firearm and ammunition sales are final" policy. The store manager is the one who fills out the paperwork for gun sales; so guns sales make more work for her. I do not think she was disappointed when I left the store. If you want to purchase overpriced clothing, they will gladly take care of you, but selling firearms is too much trouble. No wonder there are s more employees in the store than shoppers on most days.
Review