This is the 1st time I have ever gone online to complain about a store. I purchased about 6 pairs of Guide Series shorts.

The in store display clearly says LIFETIME guaranty. I tried to return 1 pair of the shorts, as they were unraveling at the hem. The sales clerk said they cannot warranty a product without a receipt. I explained to her, that the only place "Guide Series" clothing can be purchased is at Gander.

So she calls the manager. I also request that they look up the sale as I paid by credit card, or by the tags on the item. Store manager has a real bad attitude and explains that the warranty is only 1 year. After pointing out the Lifetime guaranty on the in store display, he gives in.

Shockingly bad service. (and from the store manager) This guy is in the wrong business, and cost his company a lot of money over a few dollars. I even explained to him that I would also buy another pair today as well. (I do like the shorts) The actual Gander Store and products are very good.

But to put a manager with very few personal skills in charge, Big Mistake. PS This review pertains to the Royal Palm Beach store. Now I know why a huge store like the gander, usually has very few customers actually at the check out line! The management of Gander needs to make some major changes at this store.

They have lost my business over a few dollars. And I do spend $$.

Outdoor World for me, even though it is a much longer drive. Marc West Palm Beach, FL

Product or Service Mentioned: Gander Mountain Manager.

Preferred solution: Gander Management needs to do better job with hiring and training.

Comments

Start keeping your receipts, Marc.

Gander Mountain Reviews