Gander Mountain - Cashier Review from Orlando, Florida

Update by user Oct 07, 2015

I had a "district Manager" call on September 25th. 18 days after I was told someone would call within 24-48 hours.

He stood his ground and said that managers use their own discretion on any returns. I told him as a customer, I will be using my discretion on where I shop and I nor any of my family will ever step foot in a Gander Mountain again.

There is a bigger issue here now, this company has shown that Customer Service is NOT their priority. And thus in that has lost another customer.

Original review posted by user Sep 07, 2015

Just left the Lake Mary Florida store to return a real tree bathing suit after having it on and getting wet, the bathing suit stretched to the point of me holding it up. I read the return policy, nothing about bathing suits. Went to the store, cashier just needed manager approval the manager said absolutely not since it was hygiene issue. I explained their return policy and that I was not returning it because I didn't like it. He read the return policy went to the register and then looked me in the eye handed me the receipt and said I am not going to do it. He said he didn't care what the return policy was that he has discretion. I called the customer service number and they said the same thing, although NO where on the receipt or website or in store says that. She said it was up to the mangers to do what they want. I have never been more disappointed in a store. I will NOT step foot into another GM rest assure and I will let all my friends know what happened.
Dona

Interesting to hear that Gander Mountain has some rather arrogant people working for it. The manager's reasoning lacks in common sense, given what happened. Best to stay away from GM and shop at Cabela's, tho make sure you never shop at ***'s Sporting Goods after how they treated people who ordered stuff a few years ago and then arbitrarily cancelled all their orders in an attempt to become politically correct.

Jessenia
@Dona

I still just can not believe it, he was a ***. No other words, He did not care what their return policy said nor the fact that it is not posted anywhere.

I will NEVER step foot in there again.

I wish we had a Cabela's here, we don't but we do have a Bass Pro and I have never had an issue with them. EVER!

View more comments (1)
Review
Service
Gander Mountain Cashier
Reason of review
Bad quality
My husband bought me a pair of pants 2 weeks ago from Gander Mountain. They were a size too big so I went to exchange the exact same pair of pants for a smaller size. I forgot my receipt at home. No big deal, I thought the cashier could look up the transaction from my...

Hey I just would like to let you and everyone else know that yes gander can look up your receipt by your credit card and the only reason they give the lowest price in the last 90 day if you have no receipts is so people don't steal things and try to get cash for them.

View more comments