3.4
Layout of Store

On the 9th of May, I went to my local Gander Mountain store to use a gift card and $30 of Rewards Certificates..I purchased $150 of merchandise, used the gift card and tried to redeem the Rewards Certificates.

The sales person said that they would not honor the Rewards Certificates. I asked why ? They said that the corporate office told them in that morning that the certificates were invalid... He gave me a card that had the Gander Mountain website and suggested I contact customer service.......website did not function .

I guess I am out $30...

It is unfortunate that the Gander Mountain company treats its customers in this way.It may be a hint to why they are going out of business.

Review about: Gander Mountain Reward Card.

Reason of review: Not honoring rewards certificates.

I liked: Service and array of products.

I didn't like: Cancellation of rewards certificates.

Had an Experience with Gander Mountain?

Comments

Mountain View, California, United States #1350128

I have a couple of $10 rewards certificates that expire in late July and August 2017.I'm staying in Ontario Canada for the summer at a lake and figured I would order some Gander Mtn merchandise online to use up my $20 worth of EARNED reward credit, but there is apparently no functioning online catalog at this time.

The new company "Gander Outdoors" states that you can still use the rewards certificates IN STORE, but this does not help me at all since I'm hundreds of miles from the nearest one, and will not get close to a store location until after the certificates expire. I don't feel this is fair to a customer who has earned these certificates through Gander Moutain Credit Card use.

Why should I be penalized just because they temporarily shut down their online catalog?That's their issue, not the customer's.

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States #1348985

Hopefully you still have the rewards certificates. There was some back and forth on whether or not these could be used at first but now it appears settled that they are taking the rewards certificates.

to Anonymous Mattituck, New York, United States #1348994

Thanks.

Call my local GM

They said come down , they will honor the certificates....

Pekin, Illinois, United States #1327978

I have over $300 in rewards certificates and now they tell me they cannot be used.Gander Mtn tells me I should receive info in the mail about the rewards certificates and "possible" reimbursement in the coming months.

Problem is the rewards expire soon. What a bunch of bull... I was informed by my local store to go to the US bankruptcy web site and the information should be on there, but they had no specific web address or link.

I spent over an hour on various government bankruptcy sites to no avail...Very unhappy and yes...pissed